Saturday 23 May 2015

A Touch Of The Exotic!

I came across this funny bird on my Hartcliff patch a couple of years back, and only on my return home did I realise what it was! Ah, ah, ah - I wish!
Keeping with the Central Asia theme, ( my latest practice piece seems to be taking ages) here's a drawing I worked up some months ago from sketches of superb Blue-cheeked Bee-eaters in Uzbekistan. A rather boring, one-dimensional piece but I think I've managed to get those remarkable vivid green tones something like. As I work colour up from notes and memory, 'pea green' was noted at the time as the shade of green I likened the bird to. I don't thinks it's too far off. I do remember trying to knock off these sketches in extra-quick time before a thoroughly pleasant, but pain-in-the -ass, Italian photographer flushed them. He had a big lens. Don't they all.
Thanks for looking
Russ
Field sketches of BC Bee-eaters, Kzylkum Desert, Uzbekistan, 12th May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment