Saturday 20 June 2015

Sitting Pretty

Just got hold of Lars Jonsson's  seminal Bird Island - a self-treat for my 46th birthday! This is a pic I've just completed which has probably been inspired by taking a peek through it at last year's Birdfair. Gulls remain a favourite, even at this time of year and another pair of Lesser Black-backs appear to have set up home on the wader scrape at Old Moor. I've not portrayed a bird on the nest before so thought this would be something a bit different. I liked the pose, too. The challenge, of course, is getting the angle of the fore-shortened head and bill right. This aint too far off, and just wanted a bit of re-drawing from the sketch. I couldn't resist putting a tiny blob of red on the gonys  - even though I didn't really see this. I think it's called 'artistic licence'! Fairly pleased with this one, anyway.
Thanks for looking
Russ
                                               Study of Lbbg, Old Moor, late May 2015
Do not Disturb!

No comments:

Post a Comment