Wednesday 12 August 2015

Sangti Valley

An Xmas pressie for my mate! I hope they like it!
This pic's meant to evoke memories of a particular encounter during a recent trip to NE India. One of our target birds, Long-billed Plover fell fairly easily compared to others. The stunning braided-river setting it was in made the experience more memorable. Just a pity Ibisbill didn't show too!
Working entirely from the sketches and memory I came up with this. I did take a habitat shot at the time but thought there'd be more fun doing it this way. I've left the background plain otherwise it would have been left purely to my imagination  -not the way I want to go!
Hopefully I've caught something of the distinctive jizz - somewhere between a mini Grey Plover and giant LRP!
Cheers
Russ
 Below - field sketches of Long-billed Plover, Sangti Valley, Arunachal Pradesh, India March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment