Sunday 20 September 2015

Beside The Seaside

Well, the lake-side, actually!
During a non-birding trip in the summer just gone to Chicago, I did manage to duck out of the tourist activities for a few hours and do a bit of sketching on the hoof! Not that much to engage, but there was a constant procession of Caspian Terns patrolling along the beach front, along with loads of Ring-billed Gulls and, er, that's it really! Anyway, who can resist Caspo Terns? Seeing none in nice and accommodating posing or preening positions I had to make do with loads of flight sketches, using just my bins - not my strong point at all. A tiny number of these just about do justice to the super carrot-billed terns, and the stunning blue-green water and nearby bouy gave me an idea for this pic.
Hope you like it.
Cheers
Russ

                          Field sketches of Caspian Terns, Lake Michigan, Chicago, June 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment