Sunday 22 November 2015

Back In Black

My latest attempt to get some life into my drawings! A Black Tern at Old Moor back in May was rather nice subject being basically black, white and grey - the colour combination of some of the best in the avian world, for me anyway. I recall the weather was very changeable whilst I was sketching, being blustery one minute and the almost calm the next. The background water was proving a challenge as always so I went for the middle ground, between choppy and still. Anyway, I reckon the water's more convincing than what's gone before. I also recall the bird having a teeny bit longer-than-average bill. Perhaps I've gone a tiny bit overboard here but not to worry, I like the 3D aspect of he bird and the subtle contrasts between the lovely grays and blacks. Artist's speak!
 Thanks for looking
Russ
 
                               Field Sketches and pic of Black Tern, Old Moor, 3rd May 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment