Friday 1 January 2016

Taking It Easy

Both me and the bird....
    Apologies (once again!) for my lack of action! So, New Year and new posts, and a hopefully a healthy and fruitful new birding year to you all! My next post will be in a fortnight's time - no messing! I worked up this sketch of  a preening BHG recently. These are a favourite subject of mine as they are always available and often present loads of challenging poses. I wanted to get a rich, deep texture with the coloured pencil to the background, so applied loads of layers this time. I think it's worked! The shadow was a feature I wanted to capture has it gives a lot more depth to the pic. Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about?
Cheers
Field sketches of preening BHG, Old Moor, Summer, 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment